Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back again! --- Random & "Recent" Pictures

Hello everyone!

We did it! We survived. Recital is now finished. For those of you who don't know, my ballet students get one big performance each year, and it tends to suck all of our time away for a month, or two, or three... Last year it took about 3 months of my life. This year only about one month! So I'm getting better at it. With baby on the way, we'll need to do some major planning so that it doesn't consume us like normal when it comes around. Anyhoo, it was a great night, with (amazingly) very few hang-ups. I will try and post some pictures (courtesy of Katy Hoogendam!) when I get them.

In celebration of being finished, Austin and I have gone out to breakfast for a date, cleaned our kitchen, watched a movie, hung out with friends and played games, slept in, gone clothes shopping, took a two-hour nap today, and cooked dinner! Life is grand. I get to go visit R&B this Tuesday while Austin helps on their house, and then this Thursday we hop on the Bullet Train to go visit Neal & Hollye! (okay - maybe not the bullet train... more like the slug train: 30+ hours on that train!!) When we get back, then it's time for getting the baby room ready, registering for baby stuff, tying up some loose ends with ballet stuff, and then - wait for baby! If you couldn't tell, I am pretty excited about our upcoming season of life.

Anyway - also in celebration of being finished, I thought I'd post some pictures for you all. They are a little random. They are pictures of Christmas time through Valentines Day. Enjoy! (By the way, I'll try and post a recent picture of belly soon!)

-------Melissa


Right after we moved in December, Austin & I took a Christmas vacation to Bend! One of our first days there, I got to see an old time friend, Annie Dierling! Us girls went Christmas shopping and to the tea house and left the guys on their own. :)

Lysa, Annie, Me

Jeff, Travis, Austin

Christmas Eve at the Johnston's

Making snowmen! These large balls of snow are representing our bellies ;-)

And voila! The finished product!

Christmas Day! At Morgan's place. Yay for family pictures!

Oops - forgot to rotate this one. Sorry. My belly bump is beginning to emerge here. :)

This is the night before Erin was induced, and therefore about a day and a half before Asher was born! I can't believe how tiny she was... and how big Asher was! :)

Skipping ahead to our vacation to Sunriver with the Davis' and the Chapmans'! What a wonderful weekend getaway. Anna was the bestest cutest entertainment around too. :)

Rachel gets a pedicure! (Anna observes... wheels spinning... what IS she doing to mommy's toes??)


And before you know it, Anna gets a pedicure too. :-)

We were introduced to Dance, Dance Revolution! What a fun game! I can't believe I could move like that just a couple months ago! Not anymore :(

Rachel creamed us all ;-)

A little later on... the Bendonians came for a visit and some Ummy-Yummy Skyline Chili!!

And Rachel sprung the big news on us that morning!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!! Yay for cousins ;-) (little does Anna realize the significance of her pretty shirt)

Ummy-yummy!

My belly, end of January, beginning of February.

Britton was our paparazzi for the weekend. :) He snapped a few of Austin and me and baby that we will frame soon!

On our way home, we got to visit the Seversons! All three of them! Adalie only a few days old here. :)

Our Valentine's Day date!! I am so appreciative of the latest styles in shirts being 1) stretchy and 2) long. I don't think this shirt would work anymore, but we pulled it off for our first valentines' date with baby. :)

We had a wuvely evening at the Olive Garden (my ultimate favorite food since baby has been here,) and I was surprised with the following gift :)

Austin made it all by himself! And I think he accomplished making my tummy look huge pretty well. ;-)


And the latest interest of Austin's: fishing!

All for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the shirt Austin! Another hidden talent.

drchap said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!!!!!