Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jackson Pierce Mellinger!

Welcome, Jackson Pierce Mellinger, to the world!

I am just barely squeezing in putting these pictures on before Jackson wakes up, so I will have to save the text part of talking about our new family member for later and just get the pics up for now.

In short, Jackson arrived April 30th after a great 8-hour labor and delivery, we are enjoying parenthood very much, are taking our time getting adjusted to the MANY changes he has brought, and I am recovering slowly but surely. I hope to take my first car ride in over 2 weeks tomorrow to go to church - we'll see how that goes! (Not to mention Jackson's first car ride EVER!)

Without further ado:

The family - evening of birth.

Getting checked by midwives and enjoying his fist!

Jackson's first visitor

Proud Daddy (and Sweet Pea!)

Proud Grandpa!

And Grandma (getting his thumb already!)

And Nona!

So cute!
And finally - cute cousins :)
All for now.

3 comments:

HC said...

Such a cutie!

e.c said...

Very cute pics A&M
8 hours...and early...and a boy. Did I call it or what?

He's so adorable!

The Davis Family said...

Yay Melissa! I love the pictures! The one of Anna holding Jackson is especially precious! Does mom have that file - I woiuld like to print it. A great 8 hour labor, huh? Can't wait to read the birth story if you share it!!! (hope you do)