Friday, October 24, 2008

Life at the Mellingers

Busy-ness...

It's an odd word that is. Whenever people say they're too busy for this or that, it tends to make me feel angry. I'm not sure why... I guess I don't trust them and figure they can somehow make time for whatever it is as long as it's important enough. Regardless, I find myself having to excuse A&Me from things fairly often due to our "busy-ness."

So what are the Mellingers up to these days anyway?? Well... As we have baby coming in 9 months... err... I mean 7 months!! (wow!) I am taking the opportunity to work as much as possible to pull a little moolah in to savings. At least, that is the idea. :) Austin is looking to go back to school as soon as possible, so he is working as much as possible right now to put a little moolah away as well. That being said... I work two jobs, plus 4 other miscellaneous 1 hr/week jobs, and he works two jobs on top of a class at CCC right now. Surprisingly, we are not stressed or too incredibly worn out. I think God has a way of taking care of you when you're in His will. At least, we hope we're in His will. Anyhoo... we are being careful not to over commit ourselves to much else. :) But it's been good.. we've still had time for each other time, for family and friend time, and even just rest and play time (and prepare-for-baby-time!!)

And I can only imagine what the next season of life will be like...!!!!!

By the way, I am not going to be too careful about posting only important, pertinent, or interesting blogs on here. I may just use it to ramble. :-) So sorry if it is not very interesting to ya'll!

goodnight, and good luck,

MM

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Ramble away! We're so excited you get to come over and babysit today! We'll be excited if you can come over and visit too. :-) It's supposed to be nice out - maybe we'll go for a walk. Sorry for times we haven't made it for being busy. :-)

Elizabeth F. said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you&A!
Yeah, and don't worry about the "rambling" bit - you need to get it out there, and we want to know your thoughts! (and what are blogs for? :) :) )
Love you!